Thursday, August 21, 2008

Glamourous Shots

Martha and I went to North Dekalb Mall in Decatur, Georgia. We had our make-up applied at two different make-up counters in a major department store. Walking past the food court, we came across a photo studio called Hollywood Shot. Two seven- year-old's picked out our backgrounds and we were on! We tried three different poses with props. Then we had to go wait for half an hour at Applebee's while our photographer named Bruce Lee, photoshopped out Martha's forehead wrinkles. Finally we picked up our 8 x 10 glossies. Bruce said, "If you have a good attitude and a smile, I think you are beautiful." I noticed this bit of wisdom was not shared at the make-up counters.


Martha asked to sport a large rose and is in front of the "Titanic" background.


I'm in front of a digital background simply called "R17." The cowboy hat is a store prop. A nice touch.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a huge fan of the "road trip" and have often been quoted as saying my favorite thing in the whole wide world is to drive on a road I've never been on before. I am really enjoying your posts. I think you have a very interesting theme for your trip and I'm interested in hearing what your final revelatory thoughts on beauty are going to be. Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

I have been really enjoying your blog about this trip! The detail about waiting at Applebee's is wonderful, too.

AMD & KMHD said...

Wow, those photos!

Cathy said...

Hey -
Great to have you guys here in Decatur! I enjoyed my makeup experience as well and will follow the direction of my salesperson to "get my brows cleaned up"!
Look forward to hearing about the rest of the trip. Drive safe and thanks for all the drawings and the comic books!

Unknown said...

Who's that girl with all the style? Who she?